Highslide JS

Shown here is the entrance to Stella Maris Commercial H.S. located on the Boardwalk and Beach 111th St. The school was originally named St Joseph’s Commercial H.S. which opened with 36 students in September, 1943. The school was renamed in the early ‘50’s. Stella Maris closed after it held its last graduation ceremony in June, 2010. Circa 1958, Photo Credit: Tom Stenger Collection

 

Highslide JS

Sunlites Stained Glass is the location where Gallagher's Bar once stood. During the early 1950s this bar was very popular with the troops stationed at Ft. Tilden. March, 2011 Photo Credit: Marty Nislick

 

Highslide JS

Park Inn Baths located on the boardwalk at Beach 114th Who still remembers the “stick ball” games that were played in the giant, empty, outdoor pool when it was closed after the summer season? Postcard courtesy of the Dean Georges Collection

 

- 14 -